Happy Memorial Day friends, time to see how those movies did this weekend. No doubt, you knew that X-Men: Days of Future Past would dominate this weekend’s box office, but did it do better than the other superheroes, Spider-Man and Captain America, in it’s opening weekend. Technically no. $91.4 is what it made in the normal weekend stretch, which is a couple million less than Spidey and Cappy. Overall, it pulled in $111 in the extended weekend, which is the fifth highest Memorial Day weekend opening gross of all-time.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past $111 million/$111 million
- Godzilla $39.4 million/$156.8 million
- Blended $18.1 million/$18.1 million
- Neighbors $17.2 million/$116.9 million
- Amazing Spider-Man 2 $10 million/$187.1 million
- Million Dollar Arm $8.7 million/$22.2 million
- The Other Woman $4.5 million/$78.6 million
- Rio 2 $3.3 million/$122.3 million
- Chef $2.9 million/$4.2 million
- Heaven is for Real $2.8 million/$86.5 million
Let me know what you guys saw this weekend and what you thought about it.