Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, might have been a lot of people’s pick to win the box office this weekend. But after a shaky start in the box office on Friday, and poor reviews from critics, the movie ended up in 8th place. Wow. Bombage. It pulled in an abysmal $6.5 million this weekend, and I guess it heavily has to do with the nine year gap between movies.
Guardians of the Galaxy, however, had a great weekend even though it has been out for a month. It pulled in $17.6 million bringing it to the number one spot again, and securing the highest earned Summer blockbuster movie. Thankfully it beat out Transformers 4.
- Guardians of the Galaxy $17.4 million/$251.8 million
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $16.8 million/$145.6 million
- If I Stay $16.3 million/$16.3 million
- Let’s Be Cops $11 million/$45.2 million
- When the Game Stands Tall $9 million/$9 million
- The Giver $6.7 million/$24.1 million
- Expendables 3 $6.6 million/$27.5 million
- Sin City 2 $6.5 million/$6.5 million
- The Hundred-Foot Journey $5.6 million/$32.7 million
- Into the Storm $3.8 million/$38.3 million
Definitely a strange box office this weekend. let me know what you saw this weekend, and check out my box office video below to hear me talk about why Sin City 2 flopped.